Weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcjmil

Reaction score
I am about to brew and weisse extract kit that includes steeping grains and hop pellets.

My secondary is going to be in use for the next 2 weeks with a nice IPA. Can I just ferment in the primary bucket and bottle once FG is reached?

wheat beers do not need a secondary, but i would let it sit in primary at least 10 days even if it does finish early. after fermentation is "complete", yeasties are still doing their job in there, cleaning up crap and making your beer tastier ;)

I bottled a hefe just recently after 16 days in the primary and it turned out great. As DeathBrewer said, wheats don't need a secondary.

What kits are you using for Hefe? I'm just curious what works well... ;)

Yup no need for a secondary or lengthy primary with wheat beers. But, you need to make sure you are finished fermenting (reached your FG) before you bottle, don't want any bombs.

-Dan- said:
What kits are you using for Hefe? I'm just curious what works well... ;)
I did a honey wheat. 7 days in primary but i used a secondary for another 10 days. It is a great beer. Lighter hop taste and a nice sweetness to it. I've also brewed a strawberry wheat. I used fruit extract with the rasberry but i am using fresh strawberries this time.

Back