7-7-07 - anybody get lucky??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
So Penny and I went up to her horse farm to shoot some photos this morning. We stopped in at quickchek to get coffee. We paid and on the way out Penny drags me over to the scratch off machine. We NEVER play scratch off... only time is at home on holidays or something with family. At any rate... Penny tosses in two bucks and tells me to pick one. We didn't realize but they were all empty on everything except $3 bingos. We didn't have any more singles so Penny waited in line to get change for a 5. Anyways, we get the scratch off, we start driving and i'm scratching away. After I go through the entire thing I look to see what I won. Right off the bat I about s*** myself... I'm like... OMFG we just won $100!!!! I'm getting all excited and I start checking the numbers. As soon as I confirm I go NUTS. I'm like... YEAHHHHHHHHH b****!!! HAHAH!! So then I realized I had three more games to check!! HAH! I don't see anything on #2, and #3. So I get to the #4 game (the big payout game) and I'm looking. Nothing?! So I start checking potential wins and i'm like... wait... the "7"... I got an 18... and wait... I got a 36 too!! s***!!! THATS A "7"!!! WE F-ING WON AGAIN!!!! I check all the numbers again... WE WON ANOTHER $100!!! $200 TOTAL off a $3 ticket!! OMG I called all of my family and told em to go get some scratch off...LOL. So we rode out $5 of it on another $5 bingo and broke even, then went back to quickchek to buy from the same machine, but they were all dried up. No more scratch off. Anyways... up $197 :deal:

IMG_7299.JPG

IMG_7204.JPG

yeh... Penny's first thought was to go blow $200 on scratch off and I quickly said "NO!!! We're gonna hit and run!"

I didnt get lucky on anything, but my buddys grandpa turned 77 on 7-7-07 . I thought that was pretty cool.

Congrats on winning! I got to help my local church bring in 200 sheets of drywall and a couple hundred 2x4's.....I don't think that's very lucky, especially since I don't even attend that church! I happen to live a few houses down and it was one guy and his wife so I helped him out.

Congrats!!

We made it back from a 500 mile trip to Michigan on Saturday to visit the family safe and sound, no problems. Don't know if I'd call that lucky but it's not bad luck either. ;)

On 7/7 I found out I won $5 on a $3 lottery ticket I thought I had only won $3 on.

Back