Help Wiring a Ranco Single Stage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty18

Reaction score
I ordered a used Ranco unit ETC111000-000 off the bay, the unit came from a reputable seller who has sold a number of the same controller. I wired it according to these instructions: http://powersbrewery.home.comcast.net/~powersbrewery/Rancoetcdoc.pdf

With the help of this step by step process (completed for single stage) using this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/how-ranco-two-stage-etc-wiring-instructions-145370/

I checked to make sure all of the wires are tight and secure to each other. I plugged it in and nothing, tried the set button a few times, nothing.

Any suggestions?
Is it possible the unit is shot?

I can't post an attachment to show a pic but not sure it would help because it is a little difficult to show how the wires are connected and sourced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a wiring problem. It looks simple, but it's easy to switch a wire around, or not get one tight.

_

Will it make a difference if the controller is an 112000 240v? Does it need a converter or something?

Will it make a difference if the controller is an 112000 240v? Does it need a converter or something?

The 112000 is a low voltage 24V model, not 240V.
Check if your Ranco says 240/120/COM or 24/COM on the upper terminal block. If the latter, you may have ordered or received the wrong model for your application.

It's says 24v.... So am I SOL? Is they any way to convert it?

Or should I put it on ebay and get a differenet one?

It's says 24v.... So am I SOL? Is they any way to convert it?

Or should I put it on ebay and get a differenet one?

You would need a 24v plug in adapter for the Ranco controller, and you would use the Ranco to trigger a second relay.

You're probably better off just buying the right model or seeing if you can exchange it.

Back