Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! I should have taken a picture.
Keg is in good shape. One new O-ring and some lube and it was good to go.

well I have the UPS bill from all but 5 shipments it looks like the Over/Under is spot on. where I was billed $16 for two kegs I was billed $7 for 2 else where. so its going to balance out.

happy kegging.

-=Jason=-

Jason, Why dont you tally total out of pocket including your gas for the two round trips. If you are out of pocket we could chip in. Just a thought.

Gunner65 I figured I'd have to drive down there for my own kegs so its really no big deal. with the few extra donations I have been Gifted I am no longer in the red.

here is just what was involved in getting the kegs.
mileage = 436 miles round trip at .50 a mile (what my work pay for personal vehicle use) = $218
Gas = $120
time $25 an hour 8 hours = $200

so did I make money? Not really I am just glad I was able to bring HBT a good deal on kegs. I don't want anyone to feel like they need to pay anything extra as thats not needed.

-=Jason=-

This has gotta be worth a million karma points!
I hope that your next keg never runs out.
Cheers

I wish I could have been a part of this deal, it went down and was over right before I bought my kegs.

To take such a big risk on the personal cost, plus the time (436 miles of driving??? holy crap) you are like the Ghandi of HBT, I know I am not anywhere near nice enough to do this.

This has gotta be worth a million karma points!
I hope that your next keg never runs out.
Cheers

I believe it's 22,000 karma points, but that gets him one free round trip anywhere in the lower 48 and priotity boarding for the year.

Just got mine today! Thanks a bunch Jason.

Kegs look pretty good overall. One keg has a dent in the bottom rubber but it stands just fine. The other keg looks to have a broken tank plug (is that what it's called?) and I can't tell if it has leak. It's missing some material below the plug and and looks like it may have leaked some soda but I'm sure it's an easy fix. I'll try to post some pics if anyone or Jason is interested:

well couldn't figure out how to post them here, so here is a link:

http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa419/HopDarnit/

I got mine today, 8 in total. There were a few good dings, but nothing unexpected for a used keg. 5 of the 8 were still holding pressure when I unpacked them. I suspect that the other 3 will be fine, but it will take me a while before I have an opportunity to recondition and test.

Thanks again Jason.

Back