Northern Brewer Irish Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danapellerin

Reaction score
This is my second batch of home brew and it came out pretty awesome. Very encouraging. :mug:

32482_393790302426_575577426_3923645_7730080_n.jpg

http://danapellerin.com/2010/05/10/home-brewed-irish-stout/

Dana

Just made this myself. Very tastey. I had my nephews graduation the other night and I brought this along for him to try, as I know he likes Guinness. He, his friend and his father in law all gave it high praise. Come to find out his father in law normally doesn't like "dark beers". I will for sure brew this again.

Cheers,
JJ

I used this same recipe as the base for my Cranberry Chocolate Stout. - I loved the Original, but I am a Foodie Geek and always have to screw with a perfectly good recipe by the second or third time I do it!

You are right about the taste. IMHO and that of many friends, it puts Guinness on the back burner. Anyway, here is the link to my Cran/Choc:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/cranberry-chocolate-stout-extract-5-gal-173980/

I know that this post is old but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

How can I increase the ABV of this extract kit and also increase the flavor to balance it?

Thanks!

I know that this post is old but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

How can I increase the ABV of this extract kit and also increase the flavor to balance it?

Thanks!
Add more extract... but then balance kind of goes out the window. You can add more speciatly grains to try and counter, but you should remember that most recipes are based on multiple failures before the final product. Look at recipes that are similar and are imperial stouts is another suggestion.

OP - Nice job and welcome to the addiction!

Back