oh man I love mead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
Haven't made any myself yet.I'm drinking some seven year old mead that my buddy right now and it's delicious!To all of you that have the patience to make this elixir of the gods.I salute you.that is all.

any ideas on a good recipe?have you tried any on this site?

I've always made up recipes. I've got a 1 year old raspberry ginger mead in tertiary - it's my most recent. I tried making a vanilla mead (added vanilla beans to secondary) and I would not recommend it. Papazian has some good introductory info on mead, and The Compleat Meadmaker is a pretty good book as well.

Basically just add honey to water and ferment it. anything beyond that is up to your own tastes. 9 lbs of honey is a good starting point for 5 gallons, and will make a fairly quickly maturing drink.

I will have to make some this weekend and try to forget about it somehow
:cross:

I will have to make some this weekend and try to forget about it somehow
:cross:

brew a quickie beer, that'll help you forget about the mead. The best way to forget about the long-term stuff is to keep the pipeline full.

I have a 15 lb mead going into the bottles sometime real soon. The samples burn just like moonshine. O so easy to drink, and O so get you messed up.

I have my second batch of the season bottled up for about 2 weeks now (apple cinnamon mead) I opened a bottle for the hell of it and even after 2 weeks its good. I can only imagine how its gonna taste a year from now. yay! :tank:

Back