Can i rebottle my cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
Hi All,
I made my first batch of cider 2 weeks ago. I racked it into the plastic 2 quart jugs the apple juice came in for a still cider. I also racked some into 6 bottles with a carb drop in each. I tasted one of those today and was very pleased with it.

My question, can i still make my still cider into carbonated cider? Can i pour the jugs i have in the fridge into my bottling bucket, and rack to 12 oz bottles with my carb drops? To make carbonated cider? Or should i just let it sit and start a new batch? Also, can anyone tell me what i need to add to make a pumpkin cider and when to add it, to primary or secondary etc. Pumpkin puree? How much or something else? Thank You in advance again for all your help.

PhoenixCoyote said:
Hi All,
I made my first batch of cider 2 weeks ago. I racked it into the plastic 2 quart jugs the apple juice came in for a still cider. I also racked some into 6 bottles with a carb drop in each. I tasted one of those today and was very pleased with it.

My question, can i still make my still cider into carbonated cider? Can i pour the jugs i have in the fridge into my bottling bucket, and rack to 12 oz bottles with my carb drops? To make carbonated cider? Or should i just let it sit and start a new batch? Also, can anyone tell me what i need to add to make a pumpkin cider and when to add it, to primary or secondary etc. Pumpkin puree? How much or something else? Thank You in advance again for all your help.
OK, I can see i have no help with this post. I was hoping to have somebody with this situation. I have decided just to start a new batch. Thanks.

Yeah, the most economic thing you can do is to start a new batch, otherwise you could artificially carbonayte by kegging, but I'd only suggest you do that if you've got a lot of finished product, cuz it ain't cheap.

I think you could put it in your bucket, add some champagne yeast and sugar and go for it. I've never done it, but it should work in theory.

This has been covered, so you could do a search on this forum and you'll see some ideas. Basically, any apple juice is okay as long as it's preservative-free.

Back