muntons and nottinghams.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
how do you guys feel about MUNTONS LME ? how do i decipher the date code on the bottom of the can ?

the same for NOTTINGHAM dry yeast ? i never get more than about 48 hours of vigorous activity even with different pitching techniques ? should i try two packs ??

I can't speak for the LME.

Nottingham is my preferred yeast for 99% of everything I brew. It totally rocks. I typically pitch one pack if the OG is less than about 1.060. I'll pitch two if it's over.

Nottingham is good yeast - my last brew with it was an IPA SMASH and in two days at 65-68*F notty brought gravity from 1.083 to 1.013 without a starter. I just rehydrated a pack. If you are getting 70%+ attenuation I wouldn't worry about active fermentation time.

i have two packs of nottingham right now that are only one digit apart on code but have different package colors......:confused:

i have two packs of nottingham right now that are only one digit apart on code but have different package colors......:confused:

Recently Nottingham changed packaging. Chances are you have one of the old and one of the new. Remember boys, when it was a PITA to find Notty, some of us were about to riot.

Back