Best Source for Honey (Orange Blossom) Online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagobah

Reaction score
Brewing my first batch, and I'm looking to use a simple recipe that calls for orange blossom honey (15lbs). I'm also in Texas, and haven't been able to find a local producer that has taken their bees near an orange blossom, so I'm looking to buy online.

Here are the sources I've found so far:

Crockett Honey /12lb Bucket / $31
1 GALLON ORANGE

Bee Folks / 12lb Bucket / $60
The Bee Folks - Orange Blossom Honey

Walker Honey Farm / 12lb Bucket / $42
Orange Blossom - Gallon - Orange Blossom - Pure Honey

Are there any other sites I should check? Currently, crockett honey looks like the best deal, although I've no way to judge the quality, other than it does appear to be raw.

My husband and I had a 5 gallon bucket of orange blossom honey but I'm not sure where we got it from. I think it was a friend of a friend from Florida.

I have had some experience with The Bee Folk and like them a lot. They are friendly and have a nice variety of honeys. Once we ordered a large volume of heather honey at a festival to be shipped to us at home. When it didn't come we called and they we so apologetic that they sent it with out shipment. Apparently, the festival employee did not write it very legibly, but they were very quick to fix the problem. We had our honey within a few days.

I'm sorry I could not be more help.

Thing is, I can go to Vons and get it for about $9-10 for 3 lbs. With shipping these aren't much less, some are more.

It's funny I've done the calculations and with shipping, taxes/no-taxes, etc., pretty much all cheap honey seems to be within about 10% of the same price, whether I get it locally or online.

Flumpy said:
Thing is, I can go to Vons and get it for about $9-10 for 3 lbs. With shipping these aren't much less, some are more.

It's funny I've done the calculations and with shipping, taxes/no-taxes, etc., pretty much all cheap honey seems to be within about 10% of the same price, whether I get it locally or online.

I'd wager that the online vendors know what it costs in stores on average, and are pricing to be in the ballpark.

Back