Hello from Tampa!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to home brewing. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I will be on here a lot from here on out. Hoping to learn a lot of new stuff from you guys, Cheers!

Yes, I have a Chocolate Milk Stout fermenting right now. located in south Tampa. I am trying to find a 7gal Carboy, I have a 2 gal one now. I hate those buckets!

Yo Infected,
I lived in south Tampa back in the 80's (south of Gandy- Tyson Ave. and Olive St.) and was brewing some horrible stuff back then. You know, extract kits with the yeast pack taped to the top of the can, fortified with corn sugar and brewed at 80 degrees. MMMMMMMMMM. Welcome. You came to the right place!!

Minky said:
Yo Infected,
I lived in south Tampa back in the 80's (south of Gandy- Tyson Ave. and Olive St.) and was brewing some horrible stuff back then. You know, extract kits with the yeast pack taped to the top of the can, fortified with corn sugar and brewed at 80 degrees. MMMMMMMMMM. Welcome. You came to the right place!!

Yummy!! Lol nice to meet a fellow SOG! Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm working on a mango habanero IPA right now.

boo boo said:
Hey Infected, I hope to be up your way this March. I'll be staying in Largo.

Welcome to HBT

I will be at the 12 hrs of Sebring in march. Drinking home brew of course.

Welcome Infected ! I am also are a newcomer to home brewing..I have my second mango habanero IPA ready to force carb this weekend..my favorite brew so far..

Hey InfectedBrewing I'm also from Tampa and new here as well. I just joined one of the homebrewing clubs - Special Hoperations - that meets at Southern Brewing (on Nebraska in between MLK and Hillsborough). I tried my hand at homebrewing about 10 years ago but gave it up when each batch got progressively more skunky/nasty tasting (probably from being... drum roll please... infected!).

I'm an electronics engineer so I tend to solve problems with brute technological force, warranted or not.

I'm going to stick with extract + specialty grains recipes for the foreseeable future and right now I have an ESB dry-hopping in the secondary and an attempt at cloning Bell's Two-Hearted Ale in the primary. Temperature control of the Bell's clone has been a real challenge since its been in the high 70's to low 80's here over the last week!?! Not that I'm complaining about the balmy weather, but the Wyeast packet said 60-64F is ideal and I remember all too well how bad the beers were that I brewed in the summer 10 years ago!

Back