One more brew controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmfa200

Reaction score
I thought I posted pics of my controller already but can't seem to find the post.

I've made more progress so I'm posting again.

Labeled the panel, and finished wiring. It's about 95% complete now.

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

Nice panel. Where did you get your labels? I was about to order the plastic tabs but may consider stickers like yours.

Man, I wish I wasn't an electrical neophyte.:eek:

Very cool enclosure.

_

I am definitely a noob also. I just got a lot of help from the electronics guys at work and theelectricbrewery.com

We need side pics!

_

Please be patient. I'll post them. I've been working 7 days a week for six straight weeks now. Worked 73 hours this week as a matter of fact.

Nice panel. Where did you get your labels? I was about to order the plastic tabs but may consider stickers like yours.

The decals were made with a Silhouette SD. It's similar to a plotter, but made for crafting. It worked really good for this project.

That's pretty slick.

I imagine walking in to your brewing area, hooking up the cables, and opening that case is similar to what the president might do when opening up the nuclear football :D

Please be patient. I'll post them. I've been working 7 days a week for six straight weeks now. Worked 73 hours this week as a matter of fact.

Beat me by a half hour so i know how you feel... Your lucky all ive got done is the tops cut off my keggles.

Nice work. Permission to make a Clone.

Rock Chalk

Chris

Dirty, just checked my time, yeah I'm at work today.
73.9 hours

I had all of the box done. Put the labels on. Thought it was a nice touch, so I thought I'd post it.
I really haven't done jack since all this overtime.

If asking about copying my idea, go right ahead, but it's gonna be expensive unless you come up with an alternate type of cable connectors.
I'm using Amphenol military style connectors, and they are way pricey. The only reason I'm using them is cause I got permission to use them from work. The style I'm using are outdated, and they had a bunch of surplus.

I thought I recognized those connectors ... the military uses them on EVERYTHING. They are pretty slick though, and work great.

Any info on how you made the labels?

computersilhouette2.jpg

The lettering is vinyl decal material.

The Silhouette is a digital cutting tool for personal use. It connects to your computer just like a printer, but instead of printing designs it cuts them with a small blade.

Sick Acorn table there, man. It goes as far as the eye can see! I want one :)

Oh yeah, nice enclosure, too!

Sick Acorn table there, man. It goes as far as the eye can see! I want one.

You can't fab on a better table.
It's a 5' x 10' and weighs in at close to 6000lbs. I built a mobile stand fitted with extra heavy duty swiveling casters that it sits on. It can be moved anywhere in the shop it needs to go. Of course it takes a minimum of of two guys just to get it moving, and you don't want to get to much momentum when pushing it around cause it like trying to stop a train.

Oh yeah, and thanks

Beautiful implementation on that control panel, I'm jealous and thinking of doing the same thing now! Cheers!

Back