So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a belgian tripel today. Keeping 5 gallons for myself to age in bottles and adding 5 gallons to a 55 gallon chardonay barrel with 10 other people in my homebrew club to age in the barrel til christmas. Can't wait til I get to taste this one. Merry Christmas!

Just mashed in my citrus spelt saison after doing a cereal mash for the flaked non pre gelatinized spelt. PITA, had to add two quarts of boiling water to get it up to mash temp. Reminded me of my first AG brew day lol. What a mess, I think it's good now though.

Just pitched the my first in a long series of single hop pale ales. todays was Nothern brewer. Next month is going to be Amarillo and chinook. Cheers everybody.

I will be doing a cream ale! It will be my 3rd batch in a week and a half. The cream ale is my best and fav !!! Check out the pic.

ForumRunner_20120508_222659.jpg

Well I got ingredients for the ed haus pale. I wanted to do another zombie dust clone. However decided to go with the haus pale. I plan on dry hopping it with an oz citra. Can anyone tell me the difference between regular light DME & breiss light DME. Having DME on hand seems like a good plan in case beer Gravities get out of hand. Cheers

I've got stuff for an AG coffee stout and an extract Wit. I'm thinking at least the Wit will be brewed this weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to carve out the hours necessary for the stout. Gotta grab some yeast at the LHBS and get a starter going tonight.

Me! Brewing an Amber Ale at the request of SWMBO.. Modeling it off fat tire.. Mods include using some melanoidin and using cascade and chinook.. (as these are the varieties I have in the garden and want to get to know them a bit better so I know how to use them when I harvest)

seanf76 said:
i got to finish my final exam in History of Labor then home to brew a honey wheat

I hear ya man, I've been busy with college finals too! I need time to brew soon, I'm going crazy hah.

Just brewed up a Scottish 70 shilling. I was shooting for 1.040 and got 1.039. Not too bad! Just beat the rain as well.

5 gal of English Barley Wine. This will be a big partial mash of 14+ lbs of malt and the rest Munton Light DME. Shooting for OG 1.100. Pitching on most of the yeast cake of NB Neo Britannia from an ESB I'll be legging tonight.

Brewing up 3 different beers this weekend, 2 for the sister in laws graduation party from her masters program and 1 for me. I am doing a strawberry blonde with vienna, 2 row, c10, some ahtanum hops and a summer ale with MO, wheat, lemon zest, and grains of paradise. My sister in law has a brew pub near her school and she loves their strawberry ale so I hope I can come close. Also, the keg I got in the mail today has red handles, so obviously the strawberry ale is going in there. Both of those beers need to be in a keg in weeks so I am using wlp007 as it ferments out fast and drops clear. For myself on Sunday I am going to brew a wit beer with 2row, malted wheat, flaked barley, lemon zest, bitter orange peel, coriander, and wlp400. I just happened to have some flaked barley laying around so I am hoping it adds some haze and head retention to my beer.

Last exam tomorrow morning, then going to the local brewery for a couple beers, and brewing a firemans 4 clone on Monday

Last night I brewed my first all grain batch which was a mild brown. Hit. All my numbers except my mash temp. Forgot to heat my cooler tun first. Lol. Tonight I'm brewing a white ipa.

Made Yoopers house pale ale this morning.OG was spot on.Used organic ivanhoe hops instead of the cascades.Hope its a good sub. Bottled up my India Brown ale as well.

It's a nice 96°F at the moment and I'm currently brewing my last extract batch before doing my first AG batch. Not to say that I won't brew extract again, but next brew day will be my first AG day. I'm thinking of doing a SMASH IPA for my first AG.

Today's batch; an Imperial Neapolitan Stout.

Caramel Amber Ale today. Might do something else tomorrow or Monday, maybe a Blonde. I've got an APA on tap and a Porter wrapping up fermenting.

Im a total newbie to home brewing. I started off my first bitter on Friday morning. Totally basic ingredients & method so I hope it turns out ok. Since Friday I've spent a lot of time reading homebrewing websites & forums - fascinating. Think I'm hooked!!

Brewed another belgium wheat with citrus added, aka Shock Top-type for SWMBO. This is my second batch that I have brewed specifically for my g/f, who loves my beers more than the commercial brand. I did a secondary orange zest in the first batch, which I will also do with this one. Started around 9:00 am Saturday & was finished/cleaned up @ 1:00.

Up at 6:15 to do my first step mash. I hit 134ish for 15 minutes or so, then up to 146, which only lasted for 10 minutes until I got it up to 155. I don't think the boil on my second infusion was rolling enough when I added it. I'm bringing the runnings up to a boil and will do a full 90 minute boil after church.

Stealth brewing today on mothers day after I brewed a batch yesterday. Just need to mash in before she gets up! I'll work the rest in through the day. A tasty wheat will make it worthwhile.

Just finished a maris otter IPA now its out to eat with the wife and mother in law.

Latest posts

Back