Mr. Beer Blonde Ale Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhogg

Reaction score
Had a Mr. Beer Blonde Ale that was given to me as a present. I used all of the Mr. Beer ingredients, but added 2lbs of LME and some hops. What do you think it will turn out like? This was a 2.5 gallon batch.

Mr. Beer blonde ale hopped malt extract
2lbs Golden Wheat LME
1 Packet of Mr. Beer Booster
Mr. Beer Yeast
Cascade Pellet Hops 15 mins

A little stronger ABV and could only taste better with the additional hops. I bet it will turn out fine.

I hope are right. I expected the alcohol by volume to be higher. Hopefully the flavor will be nice as well. Thanks for the feedback.

I brewed the MrB Blonde Ale back in June and added 1.5 lbs of Briess Golden Light DME and did hops boil of Hallertauer (flavor) & Cascade (aroma). We cracked one open last weekend and it was very nice. Good hoppy nose and flavor but not "super hoppy" like an IPA. Deep golden color. Had a good head but not much lacing.

You should enjoy yours but make sure you properly carb and condition it.

This has been in bottles for a couple weeks, but basically ended up tasting like an IPA. It was hoppier than I thought it would be. I am going to open another bottle this weekend. I thinks it was definately worth it to add some ingredients as the other blonde ale I brewed (Mr. Beer) was a little weak.

Wings beer sounds good.

Back