Cut up your Mr. Beer LBK and ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called and talked to them yesterday 2-20-13. He said they will be shipping out the first batch this week.

I'm looking forward to trying out this little conical.

I got 2 calls yesterday to correct my email and all is now good. Can't wait to test the LBC out. THANK YOU BREWDEMON.

Anybody looking into the possibility of adding a dump valve? I'm thinking about it and it shouldn't be too hard. Maybe just a L tube and spigot. I guess leg extensions too.

How are you guys getting shipping notices? I just mailed a check and index card with my address. Was there a form I missed or something?

No form. I put my email on the index card. I also asked to be billed via PayPal. Seems they must have also set up an account on their site for me since I got a notice saying my account was activated.
Despite getting a ship notice, tracking only says it was "initiated". And that's how it's been since the 21st.

It arrived!!! Looks great and nice packaging. I will put this to use ASAP. Did not come with airlock or grommet and some assembly required. Nice product. The quality of this conical makes want to try out one of the beer kits available from Demon Brewing.

It arrived!!! Looks great and nice packaging. I will put this to use ASAP. Did not come with airlock or grommet and some assembly required. Nice product. The quality of this conical makes want to try out one of the beer kits available from Demon Brewing.

IT's not supposed to have an airlock. That's an "add on" where they sell you a gasket and airlock. I think it vents just like a Mr beer would.

Hopefully Mine shows up soon. I've been watching for the mailman next to the dog all week:D

Mine showed up yesterday. I'll throw up my little excitement video of opening it up. SEXY SEXY!

Here it is. I was working on some RC cars as the postman pulled up. Grabbed it off his truck and brought it into the garage and set it up. No time flat and it was assembled and ready to go. Going to be using it tomorrow (Thurs.-02-28-2013.) Can't wait.

[ame="http://youtu.be/zUIa_jwldEg"]http://youtu.be/zUIa_jwldEg[/ame]

Might not show up for a bit. YouTube says a little while.

Nice. Mine is coming on Friday.
The airlock is part of an add on they call the "bubbler kit" or something like that and adds $6.

Got mine yesterday with the airlock kit. Overall, I'm not really impressed with the Brew Demon. Mr Beer definitely seemed to be higher build quality. I also don't really understand the plastic/foam insert on the top, feels like it would absorb liquid and harbor bad stuff. The lid doesn't really feel like it screws on well. As for the airlock kit. It's a rubber gasket that goes in the lid (right now I'm assuming it's supposed to replace the foam one and not just go over it). There is also a drilled bung that will fall in the fermenter if the airlock is not inserted. Basically the airlock makes the bung "fatter" so it won't fall in. Face value doesn't really leave me thinking "wow". We'll see how it works as a fermentation vessel though.
Not too upset since I got it for the novelty, but Mr Beer does hold the advantage in my mind so far.

I have 2 gallons fermenting in mine right now and krausen looks great. Can't wait to bottle straight out of this thing and see how it goes. Lovin' it so far.:D

Received mine quite some time ago. To be honest the only lure was to make apfelwein in it for the wife - she loves the stuff and we have a fresh cider press local with rotation of different apples running through the press. Being larger - and knowing that I didn't need a lot of head room with apfelwein - I thought this would be a nice way to go. Currently have just under 3 gallons going - 2 gallons of Granny Smith and just under 1 gallon of pink lady. The BD-LBC sits perfectly on top of my hot water heater for fermenting apfelwein - and is larger than the LBK from Mr. Beer.

I had three LBK's from Mr Beer - so sacrificing one for a dedicated apfelwein fermenter for the wife freed up a better bottle for more beer for me. I have yet to bottle but so far it was $24 well spent for the size (taking into consideration the extra LBK that cost $10 that I cut up for this).

Anyone else still waiting for their conical from the promotion?

Just got it yesterday. They must not be the most organized. They cashed my check right away and after people started receiving their LBC I followed up with Brew Demon. They Didn't have me on "record" since I didn't include my email:confused: I'm not sure why that would matter, especially once they cashed the check.

After they got it figured out on their end, they offered to give me the basic kit for the hassle (the can of HLME, yeast and sugar). I responded that I'm an intermediate brewer and dont really wan a can of HLME and maybe they could throw in the airlock instead. They said they would "see what they could do". I didn't hear anything else from them and received the basic kit with HLME (the plain LBC w/o anything else shows "out of stock" on their website, so it's pretty obvious what happened here:()

The LBC seems pretty nice and I am looking forward to using it for half batches. I have not tried it though. The promotion seems pretty amateur IMO. Why not have a printable form that would standardize the info from everyone? I guess I should have supplied an email address but I didnt ask anywhere. :confused:

Anyway, The conical seems pretty cool and will be useful for half bathes or apfelwine. The hassle getting my stuff was disappointing, but I would think problems like this just happen with new companies and the people at Brew Demon will get it straightened out moving forward.

Back