Sanke Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAWhiteFSU

Reaction score
Why am I having a hard time finding them? I live in a college town. Should I really expect to pay $50 for them?

Where are you seeing them for $50 because that's a damn good price... especially if you're attempting to buy it legally (i.e. doesn't belong to the brewery anymore)

RAWhiteFSU said:
I guess I just proved my ignorance. Criagslist here and there has them for that much.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the stainless steel the keg is made out of is worth about $50 ;)

a 1/2bbl keg is worth about $20-30 in scrap metal. they cost about $150-200 new if you are buying them several dozen or several hundred at a time (or $250-350 if buying one at a time). a non-private seller offering used kegs for $100-150 is a good deal.

if you look hard enough you can find private sellers on ebay/craigslist who dont know what the fair value of a keg is and offer it for less. but more than likely these people simply kept their kegs and forfeited the deposit.

the $50 deposit that the liquer store charges you in no way covers the replacement cost of a keg, and paying that $50 charge does not mean you own the keg. more than likely, if you find a keg on craigslist for $50, its stolen property. its hard to prove if it is or is not stolen though.

Typical price out here is $50...
We can get them from Lagunitas Brewing for $40 and they're legally decommissioned with documentation. :ban:

It is 30-40 for me too but there are plenty of micro breweries around this area.

The keg I'm using to boil in I got for free :tank:

Back