Mini-fridge to Kegerator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again,

So I have a Kenmore 564-9446400 model 4.4 cu ft fridge that I was wondering if has a chance to be converted into a kegerator. I do not have a corny keg where the fridge is at to see if it will fit but I have a good eye for sizes and I THINK it will... Anyone used this model before or Kenmore fridges while converting? Also is 4.4 big enough for one and HOPEFULLY 2 corny's? Thanks!!!:mug:

Not familiar with that specific fridge, but 4.4 cubic feet will probably hold two cornies as well as the CO2 tank.

I tried finding a pic of your fridge, and if the one I found is correct, you'll have to do some frightening work to get the kegs in there. There is a freezer compartment at the top, and this is probably where the cooling lines are. You'll have to bend that thing down and out of the way without kinking or cracking the colling line.

I have a 4.3 cubic foot GE mini-fridge that also had the freezer compartment. The kegs almost fit under the freezer, but nto quite. Once you have the ball-lock connectors attached, it definitely won't fit without moving the freezer compartment.

Here's mine: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/kegerator-conversion-ge-smr04dasbcs-143712/

Thanks for the input and I might use your pics as a guide to work on my fridge. I see how the freezer would be an issue but this fridge is just sitting around now so I might wanna just give it a go. I'll be smart though and hold off on buying the tower like yourself until I know it can work! Thanks again!

I see how the freezer would be an issue but this fridge is just sitting around now so I might wanna just give it a go.

That was my exact situation, too. Mother-in-law gave me the fridge and it just sat there staring at me for over a year. Then I finally just went for it.

I think a corny is like 26" high. Maybe 27

Why not just get a full sized fridge? You can find them for cheap used. I got one recently for 30.00 on craigslist. And I got another one for free from a friend a few years ago when they upgraded their kitchen.

Why not just get a full sized fridge?

For me, I already have a cheap, huge fridge in the garage, but I wanted something that would unobtrusively sit in the corner of the dining room and look nice.

EDIT: you can see it in the back left corner in this pic:
brewgasm_porters.jpg

OP do you have any updates on your kegerator build? I have an opportunity to purchase this fridge for cheap, and I would love to know if it worked out for you.

I know this is an old thread but I also have this fridge and wanted to convert it to a kegerator. Any updates on how it turned out and the success of bending the freezer?

Literally just scored this fridge off craigslist and was curious if there is anything in the way on the top.
I already bent the freezer down and shes ready to go.

Bradforesman, just make sure to thaw your fridge out. I let mine thaw for a few days and went REALLY slow. Turned out fine.

Back