my label!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizavin

Reaction score
okay so my second brew is going to have a set of labels since it's shaping up to be miles better than my first brew (big surprise, huh?) and I figured I'd post it here. it gave me a chance to get my design nerd on pretty heavily.

I'm bottling these into recycled rectangular Johnnie Walker bottles, and the idea is the label goes on the corners of the bottles and covers the two sides and the text on the main label is meant to be read with the bottle on it's side, as you age it.

it kind of plays around with looking at it from different angles as you hold the drink in your hands.

I love the way it looks, it's really an awesome label. One small typo (hours is spelled horus) but it really does look nice.

A few questions though. 1: Why serve your homebrew in a frozen mug? 2: How are you planning on sealing Johnny Walker bottles, which aren't rated for pressure?

I love the way it looks, it's really an awesome label. One small typo (hours is spelled horus) but it really does look nice.

A few questions though. 1: Why serve your homebrew in a frozen mug? 2: How are you planning on sealing Johnny Walker bottles, which aren't rated for pressure?

oh, I was aware of the typo. it was fixed before I went to print. and a friend of mine has successfully used the same bottles before and sealed them with, of all things, wax.

and as for the frozen mugs? I just simply like my drinks to be as cold as possible. and I kind of want to have as much of that experience shown to other people, as best I can.

If you can get a good seal on those bottles, I think they'll look awesome.

As for the frozen mugs, I'm sure you've read all about why most of us don't serve beer at freezing cold temperatures. I won't berate you for enjoying your beer the way you want to. If it works for you, enjoy one for me! :mug:

If you can get a good seal on those bottles, I think they'll look awesome.

As for the frozen mugs, I'm sure you've read all about why most of us don't serve beer at freezing cold temperatures. I won't berate you for enjoying your beer the way you want to. If it works for you, enjoy one for me! :mug:

oh man, I am a stickler for cold drinks. I could be sipping liquid nitrogen and I'd still pause and say "....it's a bit warm. could you put this in the freezer for a few minutes?"

i really like the spacial design on this label. funny, my husband and i have also been identifying our beers by number only. we haven't printed any labels, but we've been writing roman numerals on the caps for the purpose of identification. hope to get into the artistic side of labeling soon!

I'm not opposed to drinking many beers very cold. Some say you don't get as much flavor, but there is something to be said for the feeling of the temperature differential as well.

Most heavy beers are great when warmer, but some lighter beers are great cold!

And, I love the look of that label. Very distinctive and interesting. Sort of the look I would expect on a modern video game box!

i really like the spacial design on this label. funny, my husband and i have also been identifying our beers by number only. we haven't printed any labels, but we've been writing roman numerals on the caps for the purpose of identification. hope to get into the artistic side of labeling soon!

it's fun. you gotta have an eye for design and a knack for using the software (or you can do it practically, which I imagine would be wicked.) but if you go for it, it can be pretty fun!

also, yeah, I really couldn't find a fitting title for any of my beers so I just decided to number them.

Back