Stupid Mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeav

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I am using the "double stage" method and I syphoned the beer from my primary fermenter which was a plastic bucket into my secondary fermenter which was a carboid. The top of the carboid fell in and instead of syphoning the beer back into the primary tub I poured it into the tub, removed the lid with the air lock from the carboid and then syphoned it a second time back into the carboid. Will the beer still ferment and carbonate corectlly, even though I poured it from one container to another after fermenting it for four days instead of syphoning it with a hose or should I start over and not waste my time with bottling the beer. Any assistance at all is appreciated.

This has happened to me and it came out fine. Aireation is a problem it you do it too much, but you sound good. Sounds like you need to have a few more homebrews and relax:)

Back