Where to start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
So I've been doing extract brewing for a bit...I'd like to start PM-ing. I know I need a mash tun? and that they are not expensive to build. However, I kinda don't get where the tun fits into the brewing process, etc.

I figured there would be a sticky about this somewhere, but I didn't see one. Can someone spend 5 minutes and explain this to me?

Thanks!

Fwiw, I started PMs with nothing more than a kettle and a strainer...granted, it wasn't a glorious AG style brewing process but it got the job done for the first few batches.

I know you're only talking PM...but if you ever want to do an AG 'lesson', drop me a PM. We're brewing just about every weekend, and we have the ability to do 10gallon batches, so if you and your brew friend want to come up and run a boil together and split the batch, let me know.

And by 'lesson' I don't mean we're masters of the art...I just mean that we've done it a few times and haven't screwed any up...

...yet.

jezter6 said:
I know you're only talking PM...but if you ever want to do an AG 'lesson', drop me a PM. We're brewing just about every weekend, and we have the ability to do 10gallon batches, so if you and your brew friend want to come up and run a boil together and split the batch, let me know.

And by 'lesson' I don't mean we're masters of the art...I just mean that we've done it a few times and haven't screwed any up...

...yet.

that actually sounds like a bitchin' idea. I may have to do that. This weekend is shot from DC101's chili cookoff and mothers day, maybe next weekend?

Back