Premium Membership Giveaway Poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best Colorado picture?

• Picture #1

• Picture #2

• Picture #3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who gets a premium membership? Who's awesome Colorado picture is the most awesome?

I didn't get too many entries, but here are my 3 favorites of the pictures sent in for my 5000th Post Membership Giveaway contest!

Voting will remain open until I hit 5,100 posts.

Best of luck to the contestants!

Voting is in order of appearance below:

jafo28.jpg

ryan bouroughs pointerdixie214.jpg

Pic two all the way! I am sick and tired of the sun. It is sunny 99% of the time where I live.

I said the same thing about #3! Without the mirror, it would be my favorite. The other entries were great by the way. I don't want these choices to take away from anyone else because they all sent me awesome pictures.

I actually like the mirror in the 3rd one, it is the reflection of him actually taking the picture that ruined it. If it wasn't for that reflection or just a reflection of an empty seat or better yet the road behind the car, that would be my favorite.

I actually like the mirror in the 3rd one, it is the reflection of him actually taking the picture that ruined it. If it wasn't for that reflection or just a reflection of an empty seat or better yet the road behind the car, that would be my favorite.

How many exposures do you think it took to compile #1?

Or, do you suppose that really is a single shot? Screams HDR to me.

How many exposures do you think it took to compile #1?

Or, do you suppose that really is a single shot? Screams HDR to me.

I can almost promise that it is but it isn't done to an extreme so I personally don't think it takes away from it.

I can almost promise that it is but it isn't done to an extreme so I personally don't think it takes away from it.

Oh, I think it's a great composition. Just can't see it as a single exposure given all the detail. I am not saying it's wrong at all.

The colors in the fence rails and posts are amazing.

I'd like to see more pics...1 seems too unreal, 2 doesn't have enough contrast, 3 would be a winner without the mirror

Well, it looks like I can safely close this out and say that Jafo28 is the winner with Picture #1! Thanks to everyone who participated. I greatly appreciate this site and everything it has done for my over the past 2 years and hope to hit many more post "milestones" as time goes on.

Cheers!
Sonny

Thanks Airborne, and everyone who voted for my pic. I hope to be around here as long as you, although at the rate i'm going I won't hit 5k for some time.

I read most of the comments on the pic and will try to answer the questions that came up, I didn't chime in earlier because people were still voting. It was taken in Rocky Mountain National Park, with a Nikon D90. We were on trail ridge road towards the end of the day so the light was just amazing. It is indeed one image with a shutter speed of 1/50 of a second at f22. I was facing southwest and the sun was lighting everything up. I'm glad I was able to take it because the next day it was snowing at this elevation and you could barely see your hand in front of your face, and it was early September. This trip is also when I discovered something other than BMC. While staying in Estes Park I tried many craft brews at the local restaurants. The only one I know I can remember is Fat Tire.

Thanks again to everyone who voted for my pic, and to Airborneguy for the generous gift. I will surely pay it forward in the future.

Thanks, Frank

Back