El Dorado Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and hey- just realized that you are in Harrisburg- I live in Carlisle and work in Harrisburg. Nice to meet you!

crager013 said:
Oh and hey- just realized that you are in Harrisburg- I live in Carlisle and work in Harrisburg. Nice to meet you!

Nice! I live in HBG and work in Lancaster...we don't have this figured out do we? lol nice to meet you. I have 8 oz of El Dorado hops I'm blending with Chinook in an Imperial English Winter IPA. Can't wait to brew this one!

[email protected]

I made an American Amber Ale last friday and used almost 3 oz of el dorado in it. They smell fantastic, very fruity, like watermelon candy. I'm excited to see how they come out :D

aardii said:
I made an American Amber Ale last friday and used almost 3 oz of el dorado in it. They smell fantastic, very fruity, like watermelon candy. I'm excited to see how they come out :D

Glad to hear how good they smell! For some reason, I have this mental block where I can't escape the thought of just a bit of pine mixed with the El Dorado candy flavor, rich dark English crystal, and a nice Maris Otter base. I'm completely hung up on it so I had better get the ingredients!

[email protected]

hoppymonkey said:
How'd you guys get them? They only planted like an acre and half. That's crazy.

I just google searched them and Austin Homebrew and Great Fermentations were selling them. I bought 2-4 oz pkgs of leaf hops. I don't think any pellets were made.

[email protected]

the el dorado sounds really cool i plan on ordering some. I really want to try those hops that were just a number from that article too (HBC369 ?) but i don't think its made its way to home brewers yet.

HollisBrewCo said:
the el dorado sounds really cool i plan on ordering some. I really want to try those hops that were just a number from that article too (HBC369 ?) but i don't think its made its way to home brewers yet.

I looked hard for them to no avail!

[email protected]

Back