quick! please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Ok, i was just transfering my beer to the secondary, and my rubber bung fell into the carboy after the beer was in it! What should i do? should I rerack it into another carboy? should i leave it in there? (it is sanitized) or what??? Thanks!

Leave it there, cover the mouth of the carboy with clean aluminum foil for the night, and buy another stopper tomorrow. Search the forum for suggestions on how to get the stopper out after you rack the beer again...you're not the first to have done this!

ha.. i have another stopper on it now.. (i bought a few..) but i was just making sure that the rubber wouldnt affect the taste....

aekdbbop said:
ha.. i have another stopper on it now.. (i bought a few..) but i was just making sure that the rubber wouldnt affect the taste....
As long as it's a food grade stopper, you're fine. If it's the black hardware store variety, consider renaming your beer Flat Tire Ale.

You're in the faternity of bung droppers.
There's also one for boil overs, airlock blowers and stoppers pushed in carboys.

This is starting to sound alt lifestyle.

Out.

Back