Need strange size fermenter/lagering vessel (glass?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RootvonRoot

Reaction score
y'all - my lagering freezer is set up so that I need to find a strange size fermenter/lagering vessel to place in it - it needs to be 'shorter' and normal sizes of kegs and carboys since my space is at a premium in my lagering/kegging fridge ... any ideas where to find such items?

thanks

What is the amount of available space you have (i.e. what are the dimensions of the space you have available) and how much wort are you looking to ferment? I *think* you can use any HDPE or PETE/PET plastic container (per https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/can-you-use-pvc-carboys-fermentation-142208/) for a fermenter so I'm sure with a bit of web surfing you could find some "strange" sized plastic vessels to ferment in.

My fermenting freezer is one of those "deep freeze" units with coils in the shelves. I use Vittles Vaults with great success. I can fit up to 4 at once in my freezer.

I was planning to lager in a 5 gallon HDPE "winpack." Not sure if that's "kosher" though, and I haven't actually done it yet... Interested to see what others say.

Ah. "long term" to me means 6+ months. I rack to Better Bottles for those beers. I've never given 1-2 months of lagering in HDPE a second thought.

Back