Converting a Single Tower to a Dual Tower?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nunzio42

Reaction score
Well about a year ago my wife and friends went out and bought me a Pre-Fab Kegerator. I was shocked and insanely happy. Now unfortunately I have been bit by the HomeBrew Bug, and looking to modify the Kegerator as much as possible. I have already converted the small C02 Canister to run 2-5gallon kegs (one store bought and one Corny for the Homebrew)

Right now I am running the Corny off picnic taps and would like to convert my single tower (which came with the unit) into a dual tower.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?! and if so any advice on how to do this?!?!

:mug:Thanks in advance and Cheers! :mug:

Yes it is possible. I did it to mine. All you need to do is drill a hole in your tower and put in another shank Elbow Nipple Shanks.

I had to put mine a little lower than the original, but I believe this was because my tower is only 2.5 inches. I think I read that if they are 3 inches you can line them up. You are putting them 90 degrees apart of course.

I'm looking to do the same thing with my 2.5" draft tower. Are those shanks that you linked to ready to connect directly to a faucet? Or are there any other pieces that are needed? Thanks!

Most 2.5 inch towers do not have enough space on the inside for two elbow shanks. Your best bet is to buy a new 3 inch tower and drill the extra hole yourself. That's what I did several years ago and it works great!

image-1118370942.jpg

Back