How long will my pLambic last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
An attempt at a cranberry pLambic was one of my early brews. Its spent about a year in various carboys. It spent 3/4 a year carbonating. Its been in bottles for about another year.

Frustrating as hell. Mostly the waiting for them to carbonate part. I got so tired of waiting that I bought yeast to repitch a little in the bottle, swirl, and hope the carbonating restarted.

I got all set up to do it, opened the first bottle and it foamed all over me. I guess if I had repitched earlier, I would have ended up with bombs.

Since then, I've been drinking them slowly... savoring. I'm down to my last 12 bottles. I'm drinking #13 now. It still tastes great. I was thinking about cellaring 6 for another year.

Think I'll be okay or do you think I'm pushing my luck on how long they will stay good?

No way, they will only get better with age, cellar those suckers for another year and enjoy

Back