I just used my trub to make pizza dough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
trub might be the wrong word. I had a lot of liquidy yeasty stuff in the bottom of my primary (from Ed's Haus Ale) so I strained it and used that as the liquid in my dough.:drunk:

The dough doesn't taste too good right now but I'll let it cold ferment for 24 or so and see how it does.

Basic recipe is
3 cups AP Flour
1 1/3 cups of my beer junk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Thoughts?

I think you are in fact going to have a lot of trub, including hops sediment in your pizza dough. It's probably gonna be bitter.

I used whole hops and didn't strain before I dumped the wort into the primary.....:) I did strain the trub/yeast before making the dough though.

It's an experiment. I probably should have used just a small amount for the yeast and water for the rest of the liquid.

I made 3 small pies tonight. the dough actually tasted really damm good. We ate them all before I could get a picture of them. I could do this again for sure.

Back