Got some beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
Nothing much. I figured that I should always try something a second time so I picked up a DFH 90 minute, against my better judgement.

Then I grabbed a Fire Walker DBA because I felt the need to try it for the first time sober. I passed up the Russian River Concecration only because it was $20. That hurts my wallet a bit much . I can grab many things for that price and RR is just down the road, so I could always go there and get a pint for $5. Maybe I will grab one though and age it for a few years...who knows. I will talk with Vinnie maybe this week at an event (I don't know the guy, other guys do on this board though) and see what he thinks the aging possibility is.

Anyways, that is my small purchase of beers today.

I recently had a glass of the Toronado 20th which is a reasonably similar beer, and I don't think it did well with age at all. I would suspect, however, that Vinnie will tell you this should age well. I know of people holding on to their bottles, but I will be drinking mine.

I paid 25 for my bottle. If I could get 20 dollar bottles, I would probably buy 4 or 5. It is one of the best sours ever.

I will see about getting a case of it. I definately love it. Have it about once every couple of months (though when it is out at the pub I cry a small river). They are just coming out with some brett fermented beers in a series. Awesome from what I tried so far.

mmm....Consecration...I'm just glad i've managed to have it on three different occasions all the way in Philly! Quite possibly my favorite beer ever.

Back