Austin ZEALOTS Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KopyKat

Reaction score
The Annual Austin Zealots Homebrew Inquisition Competition is just around the corner. This will be the 5th year of the competition and we welcome one and all to participate.

There is a very good reason it is called the Inquisition - As in the inquisition of old, you are judged by our rules, not that of the rest of the world - see the FAQ and Rules and Categories links for details.

Entries must be received between June 30th & July 12th. Go to the web page - www.austinzealots.com and click on the Entry Form link. This will take you to a PDF file you can fill and print.

FirstPlace-OpenCatagory.jpg

This is my medal for First Place - Open Category for a Rye IPA. You too could be a first place winner!!!

There is a very good reason it is called the Inquisition - As in the inquisition of old, you are judged by our rules, not that of the rest of the world.

The Austin Zealots Mantra this year is....

Style Guidelines? We don't need no stinking Style Guidelines!

sounds fun, might have to send a few beers that way. Most of my new beers don't really fall into a classic style guideline.

The drop-off window is open! Who is competing? I want to go the the picnic/ awards Aug 9, but the Alamo City Cerveza Fest is the next Saturday. I have to pick one or the other, too expensive to take 2 Saturdays off in a row.

The drop-off window is open! Who is competing? I want to go the the picnic/ awards Aug 9, but the Alamo City Cerveza Fest is the next Saturday. I have to pick one or the other, too expensive to take 2 Saturdays off in a row.

I've never been to the Cerveza Fest, but if I had to choose, I would do the Zealots Picnic. Load of beer, good food, Lake Austin to cool off, and you can bring a tent to crash if needed.

Ed, I messed up and blew the keg of the beer I had considered entering. I thought I had more! I'll see if I can't figure something else out. I have more homebrew around, but that hybrid thing would have been fun.

TL

I'm in. Waiting to drop off my entries at AHS when I get together the stuff for my Christmas brew next week.

Gawsh Ed, I started salivating uncontrollably when I saw the pic of that apfelwein cooler. ;)

- Eric

Apfelwein kegerator+ tent camping = druck Neal?
Entered 3 beers at AHS today. Also picked up the ingredients for my first AG brews tomorrow. Got enough for 2 batches of each- Bee Caves Haus Pale Ale and Bavarian Hefe. Looked easy, quick and tasty. Thanks Edwort!

I'm shipping out 3 beers today.
My most recent version of Edworts Haus Pale Ale, my own pale ale and a porter(smoked).

Back