Anyone Snus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried the camel snus- it's just like candy. i think i'll stick with my copenhagen.

tried the camel snus- it's just like candy. i think i'll stick with my copenhagen.

Camel snus IS like candy. It seems to be the American taste.
Shoot me your addx in a PM and Ill send you a can of REAL Swedish snus. (Some Grovsnus to be exact) I think it might be suiting to your tastes as you seem to like Cope. And its a much superior product (my opinion + some fact thrown in there) ;)

I was a Cope guy, but I have converted to the Nick and Johnny snus. To my taste, that was the closest flavor of the dozen or so I tried.

It's in 15 pouch cans now over here. Up from 12 and they don't read 'Special Trial Offer' anymore.

And I want to kill both those guys up there. They deserve it.

Hey Guys! - I've been snusing for a little while now. But I have two questions, how long do you leave yours in for, and do you only use your top lip? I leave mine in for almost an hour sometimes, the flavors still there, so why stop? I also only use my bottom lip, I don't like the feel of it in the top and I cannot get it to stay when it's in my top lip. Am I breaking any snus etiquette I should be aware of?

There is no real 'right way' to snus. Leaving a snus in cause it has flavor - thats called efficient. :) And most people leave it in the top lip cause you salivate less. Its a matter of preference really.

Snus on!

There is no real 'right way' to snus. Leaving a snus in cause it has flavor - thats called efficient. :) And most people leave it in the top lip cause you salivate less. Its a matter of preference really.

Snus on!

Right on. I've been staring at snuscentral for like a week and don't know what to try. Any suggestions? I'm a menthol lover, but like the natural flavor as well, also interested in the other flavors too. Oh man I can feel the slipper slope under feet, just like when I started smoking cigars...

Ordered a sleeve of the new Lab series portion. I do like the longer pouches.

The fridge helped the decision too. Prolly junk but I like the lab series Snus and the offer was nice.

I happened upon several Camel Snus boxes at a recent music festival. I can dig it. I haven't smoked in two weeks. I feel a lot better now that I haven't smoked. My bike commute time is improving, too. A few days ago I ordered a variety box. I'm curious as to what the real stuff tastes like as I don't really care for either Camel flavor. I went with this package: http://buysnus.com/snusbrand/Swedish_Match_Tasting_Kit_WHITE_Large_(8_cans).aspx

I don't touch tobacco. Unless it's one of those occasions that calls for my hookah to make an appearance.

I happened upon several Camel Snus boxes at a recent music festival. I can dig it. I haven't smoked in two weeks. I feel a lot better now that I haven't smoked. My bike commute time is improving, too. A few days ago I ordered a variety box. I'm curious as to what the real stuff tastes like as I don't really care for either Camel flavor. I went with this package: http://buysnus.com/snusbrand/Swedish_Match_Tasting_Kit_WHITE_Large_(8_cans).aspx

You will probably like those better then the Camel snus.
I order from this place http://www.getsnus.com/index.php
They ship from PA I get my order in two days.

You will probably like those better then the Camel snus.
I order from this place http://www.getsnus.com/index.php
They ship from PA I get my order in two days.

Yeah, I tried to order from there first, but something in their credit card authorization step wasn't working, so I moved on. I might give them a shot again next time.

GetSnus was bought out by SnusCentral. Just compare the layout of the two websites and the stock. Pretty danged similar.

As a result of the takeover, the GetSnus website has been lacking in working features and finding familiar products has become a little cumbersome.

They are offering a lot more now tho', if you feel like wading through all the NON Snus crap. But, they are still in teh US. Thus worthwhile since you don;t have to wait on customs or ground mail.

I ordered from getsnus.com monday evening. Had my package today, wed. when i got home. They are in PA, and I am in NJ, but still, that's pretty good!

Just put in a snus order after a long break. I have been e-ciggin' it but have had really wanted some snus lately. Just for fun, here's what I ordered:

Roda Lacket, Loose
Blue, Loose

Skruf Original, Portion
Thunder Frosted Extra Stark, Strong Portion
Jakobssons Icefruit, Portion
Jakobssons Classic, Portion
Fellinni Mint, White Mini Portion
Gotland Green, Portion
Göteborgs Rape, White Portion
01 Original Portion

Prismaster

Gawith Apricot Snuff, Pöschl
Stoker´s Our Pride Apple, Chew

I used Snus when it first came out about two years ago for a couple weeks to quit smoking. It worked great with in two weeks of starting Snus I had quit smoking and quit snus. I've been tobacco free for two years now.

I got my sampler package in today. The Swedish stuff is quite stronger than the Camel stuff and definitely saltier, but that's okay, because I like nicotine and salt. The pouches seem a little larger, too. I might look in to the minis next time.

Also, what's up with the small containers on the top of the cans? Is that to discard the pouches when there's no trash can around?

Also, what's up with the small containers on the top of the cans? Is that to discard the pouches when there's no trash can around?

yessir.

So I ordered from getsnus.com on Friday - got it today (Monday). sweeeet

The most hillarious thing (not) is that the (predominatly US) tobacco lobbying has managed to get "snus" forbidden in most of the EMEA except for Sweden... Snus (pronounved snuuus, as in "snooze"), if you switch to it, is way less addictive and way, way, way less destructive to your body than smoking...but you'll have to accept to look like a redneck moron, upper lip stuffed with what not ;)

snus_placement_upper_lip.jpg

H

Go figure, another HBT thread that covers another one of my interests :rockin:

Started snusing six months ago, went through the General portion and los offerings available in the US within a few months and started ordering from Sweden. Right now, Snuscentral.com is my first choice in online snus retailers.

Just got an order in today:
1 roll of Skruf Original Portion
1 roll of Ettan Original Portion

and a few misc cans Roda Lacket, Jagerpris, Blue Ocean, and my fav looses Skruf Extra Stark and Gotesborg Prima Fint.

Had to give it up personally. The domestic products weren't cutting it for me and import just became too expensive and difficult to obtain.

I do miss it tho'.

Go figure, another HBT thread that covers another one of my interests :rockin:

Started snusing six months ago, went through the General portion and los offerings available in the US within a few months and started ordering from Sweden. Right now, Snuscentral.com is my first choice in online snus retailers.

Just got an order in today:
1 roll of Skruf Original Portion
1 roll of Ettan Original Portion

and a few misc cans Roda Lacket, Jagerpris, Blue Ocean, and my fav looses Skruf Extra Stark and Gotesborg Prima Fint.

I prefer Getsnus.com since they have a US warehouse. Although I think Norhtern has pretty much bought out most of the popular websites that ship to the US now.

Had to give it up personally. The domestic products weren't cutting it for me and import just became too expensive and difficult to obtain.

I do miss it tho'.

Agreed that what is available at the local tobacco doesn't cut it since they only offer General in 8mg. Still way better than the domestic stuff, although I do buy a Marlboro puck in a pinch. However, I was looking at ordering last night and did notice that shipping has been cut in about half of what it use to be. It was upwards of 28 bucks or so just for shipping and is now down to 13 and some change. Much more managable.

Agreed that what is available at the local tobacco doesn't cut it since they only offer General in 8mg. Still way better than the domestic stuff, although I do buy a Marlboro puck in a pinch. However, I was looking at ordering last night and did notice that shipping has been cut in about half of what it use to be. It was upwards of 28 bucks or so just for shipping and is now down to 13 and some change. Much more managable.

Ever seen any of the Skoal brand Snus locally?

Supposed to be of a more satisfying strength since it's not manufactured by a cigarette company ( that prefers you supplement rather than switch ). Released this year.

Back