Food Grade Co2 vs Industrial Co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonymon

Reaction score
Having trouble finding where to get my new 20lb Co2 tank filled, I live in the atlanta area and have found a few places but half of em have industrial Co2.

Does it matter food vs industrial?

God no. Seems 99% of us swap out at welding supply places (well, maybe a bit less; lots of fillers at paintball places). Still, lots. Remember, welders need their gases to be very pure.

The only thing to be cautious of is some of the paintball CO2 tanks have a lubricating oil added to them. But, CO2 you get from a welding shop is perfectly fine.

Having trouble finding where to get my new 20lb Co2 tank filled, I live in the atlanta area and have found a few places but half of em have industrial Co2.

Does it matter food vs industrial?

Most convenient and reasonable place I have found around ATL is Beverage Control in Tucker, GA. They will fill any size tank and the price is right. They sell tanks, regulators and such as well.

Good Luck!

-Bud

Back