quick primary time question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
I brewed a brown ale on the 2nd of January and I was planning on bottling the 30th... I took a couple gravity readings and it is stable and the krausen has crashed. Should I go ahead and bottle the 23 or give it one more week? I kinda wanna free the primary up for a porter I am planning on brewing but I can wait a week if it would turn out better... I know there are several posts on this but i was just wondering about my particular situation. Thanks

As long as the gravity is stable, its perfectly fine to take out of the primary. Open it up and get ready for your next batch.

I try to hit the 4 week mark as well. Leaving the beer on the yeast cake for a longer time allows the yeast to clean up after themselves and clear up the beer. If you get 3 days of consistent gravity readings then you are safe to bottle, but if you can I'd recomend trying to shoot for 4 weeks.

Back