2 bud half barrels for $50 a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wanted to make some keggles and I found some craigslist bud kegs for $25 a piece... too much money or just right?

I can't believe you havn't got them yet! Usual price is around 40 -50 ea. BUY NOW!

Thanks guys! I pulled the trigger and will pick them up this weekend. I'm new to all this (all though learning quick thanks to all you guys) and still haven't figured out how to value all the various bits and pieces. I also really only like to buy used 'cause I'm a cheapo:D Anyone know what is the best "how to make a keggle" tutorial?

get yourself a 4" cutting wheel. Piece of cake

brew_004.jpg

Thanks guys! I pulled the trigger and will pick them up this weekend. I'm new to all this (all though learning quick thanks to all you guys) and still haven't figured out how to value all the various bits and pieces. I also really only like to buy used 'cause I'm a cheapo:D Anyone know what is the best "how to make a keggle" tutorial?

If it were me, I would find a way to go over and get them ASAP. Depending on where you live those kegs might be a hot commodity. Another 4 days is alot of time for somebody else to slide in, offer $20 more for them and scoop them up from underneath you.

I'd like to think the person you are buying would think a deal is a deal, but I know from first hand experience that chances are that they'd be tempted by a higher offer.

hope this helps! Call me a pessimist...

Thanks for the advise about them sitting level. I will check that out for sure. This guy responded to my wanted ad, so I don't think he has them advertised. Besides, I live out in the boonies and its 2 and a 1/4 hours away. I am going "to town" this weekend anyway so I always try and get every thing I need at once. I am also trying to get a used 5lb CO2 tank, dual regulator, two cornies, and a glass carboy for $75, but that is not a done deal yet. Man, anyone else notice this hobby is kinda addicting?;)

Definately make the jig as shown in Bobby_M's video. It makes life very easy when cutting the tops off. Good luck on your new keggles.

I've just got an old angle grinder, but with that jig and the right wheel I should be good to go. Now, who do I know that can weld stainless.....

I've just got an old angle grinder, but with that jig and the right wheel I should be good to go. Now, who do I know that can weld stainless.....

Weldless fittings baby. Seriously, it's your call but you can pay some dude to do it, or drill a hole and put them in yourself.

Oh I wasn't planning on paying someone. That would go against my cheapo mind set. If I don't know anyone with the ability to weld SS I will go with those weld-less fittings. Thanks for the tip.

Back