Love controller wiring question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schind

Reaction score
I know that there are other posts about this, but they don't seem to follow with the schematic of my controller. I just want to use an extention cord, not splice into the compressor relay. I have a TS-13010 that looks like this:

7-Power Supply
8-Power Supply
9-NC (means normally closed i believe)
10-COM (means common i believe)
11-NO (means Normally Open i believe)

i have an extention cord:
green - ground
white- common
black-hot

I think that I leave the ground and common alone and splice the Hot from wall --> com
NC --> fridge

my question is what do I do with 7 and 8 then?

Is there a particular reason you're not splicing directly to compressor?It's only a little more work than going from your extension cord but not any more difficult. Plus it looks real cool if you mount into your fridge!

I don't have the fridge yet, and I don't want to cut off the end of the cord. I'll probably end up up-grading at some point and want the thing intact without having to go back and put one on. Also I can move this from place to place (my wife will also use it for heating an orchid room) and use it with different appliances. Once I build a fermentation chamber I'll wire it directly and mount it on the box.

Is there a particular reason you're not splicing directly to compressor?It's only a little more work than going from your extension cord but not any more difficult. Plus it looks real cool if you mount into your fridge!

no reason really, the way I have it is fine and i may end up swiching fridges or something down the line. I may post pics later

Latest posts

Back