Nothing much coming out of Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgable

Reaction score
I am new to kegging ( only 2 batches so far) I just kegged an American wheat yesterday and left it @ 30 lbs over night. Today I purged tank then raised pressure to 15 lbs just to get a sample and to maybe clear some settled yeast. It kind of just sputtered and got some beer out then stopped than I jacked pressure up to 20 lbs got a little more then stopped. then tried 30 lbs. same thing, could my tube be cloged? donn't know where to go from here, I am trying to get this beer ready fo a party on Saturday.by the way what I got so far tasted great!

I know this may sound stupid, but do you have the valve on your regulator open to send gas into your gas line?

I had the same exact thing happen last night and I just resolved my issue...

Found out that my beer dip tubes are not all the same length and the one I put in the keg to pressure test was a tad too long... It was flat on the bottom of the keg and I was getting minimal flow... Dug through my group of dip tubes and took the shortest one...

Flowing like the mighty Mississippi now...

Good luck...

I Just took mine apart and the tube does seem too long i had a hard time getting it to go back in as it was hitting the bottom. Hard to see with beer in there. Once I got it in I had a hard time getting the post back on. got beer out but when I took the tap off I had beer spraying all over as the poppet stuck. Think I will trim some off the tube and try again tomorrow.

Hope that is it...

With the one I just fixed, I started to do another pressure test and noticed a small bubbling spot coming from underneath the black rubber top... And of course it was the corny I decided to spend two hours polishing via BobbyM's method...

SONOFA!!!!!!

:mad:

Had a similar thing happen in a keg of relative new beer. I was surprised they we polished 5 gallons off that fast. I knew buddies and I drank a lot one night but no way could we have finished 5 gallons. So we switched to bottles.

I checked in the morning and sure as ****..the keg was frozen. LOVE TS switch on the keezer said 38 but it couldnt have been right. I have now moved the the thermocouple into a thermowell in some water at the bottom of the keezer.

Double check and make sure you kegs arent freezing.

Is the tube straight or bent. If it's bent, there is a certain alignment when you put it back in or it won't drop all the way. If it's a bent tube, just take it out and give it a sharper bend.

My guess would be that of the previous poster that you may have a frozen beer line. Not the keg...but the beer line itself.

IF you are using a manifold with vlaves, might want to check the valve that screws into the manifold, they ocassionally do go bad.
Had one that was about 2 weeks old, that went bad and did the exact same thing as you described, after about 6 hours of troubleshooting, found the valve was bad. Had a replacement sent and no problems since then.

Hope you find out what it is.

Back