Word on the Street.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
Word on the street. ie. my LHBS store owner said today that John Bull malt is going out of business. There not selling to another company, there just liquidating everything...This means, sale on everything John Bull. Kinda sucks that the option of then (I never used them) is now off the table for people that have used them.
Also, word is that all english malts will be going up in price significantly, Muntons in particular.

Prices on all imported malts just spiked at my LHBS. Maris Otter went from $52 to $85 a sac last week. Even worse, Dingemans almost doubled (~$100 a sac!!). Even the domestics jumped about $10-$15.

yeah I only saw it in the 1lb bags of grain even up to almost $2 and the muntons went up for almost $15/3lb DME

It's not just malt either. Not good at all. I'll add, that world food prices as recently reported by the World Bank have risen by 75% in general since 2000. We are seeing the true cost of food.

source

zoebisch01 said:
It's not just malt either. Not good at all. I'll add, that world food prices as recently reported by the World Bank have risen by 75% in general since 2000. We are seeing the true cost of food.

source

I think we are seeing the true cost of food, relative to energy, as represented by the dollar.

SteveM said:
I think we are seeing the true cost of food, relative to energy, as represented by the dollar.

And I'll add specificlly PETRO! If it's shipped... it cost more!

and I 2nd Edwort's .40 remark!

Back