Brew-blitz ... where to go in BC, Washington, Oregon, N. Idaho, and Montana?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
Like all bad - I mean great - ideas, this one started over beers.

About 8 of us are planning to pile into my short bus and do a 4 day blitz of as many breweries as possible. We're leaving from central Alberta, heading through BC, down through Seattle to Portland, then back through Montana...

A quick google search reveals somewhere over 150 breweries and brewpubs. We're ambitious... but won't hit them all.

What are some favorites?

I want to come!

You should check out BigSky in Missoula.

Also Pike in Seattle

I have never been there but I like their beer.

PS.... Re... "want to come"
... really? We're thinking 4 days around the march 12-13 weekend.

Some of my favorites

Portland

Lucky Labrador
Cascade Barrel House (if you like sour beers)
Bridgeport
Rogue Ale House
Kennedy School
Horse Brass Pub

Seattle

Elysian

Check out Beer Mapping Project to help formulate a battle plan.

Definitely hit up Black Raven in Washington. Red Hook is good as well... $1 tour gets you a decent amount of tastes. Lazy Boy Brewing is also pretty cool.

Being from Montana, I'll only comment on my faves in Montana.

Personally, I'd probably skip Big Sky, but it's loads better than the nastyness at Bayern. Kettlehouse also has some good offerings in Missoula.

Montana:

My favs:

Blackfoot Brewing: Tasty IPA + other offerings
Lewis & Clark: Great IPAs
Red Lodge Ales: Great IPA + Chocolate Stout
Carters: Excellent all around
Flathead: Excellent all around

Oh! Thanks for the heads up on the "beer mapping project."

All these suggestions... we're going to need more than 4 days...

You have Tree Brewing in Kelowna and Cannery in Penticton. Not quite along the trans Canada highway, but I'm probably going to check out those breweries this weekend.

Here are a couple of places worth checking out if you are heading east down the Gorge out of Portland. Walking Man in Stevenson, WA and Double Mountain in Hood River, OR

So many good places in Portland and Seattle to check out. If you are coming through my area on the way to Montana (a decent chance you would be), maybe you can stop by one of the local places for a pitstop. Not as good as the Portland and Seattle area but it's a place to stop after being on the road for 3/4 hours. If I'm around I could meet up with you

Yes, Naked City is also a must. If you are there on a Thursday stop in for Kill the Cask Thursday. If you order the last pint you win a prize.

Chuckanut Brewery in Bellingham, WA is great. They were last year's GABF small brewpub of the year. Really good german beers.

Boundary Bay Brewery is also in Bellingham and has great beers as well.

You guys rock! (Any local homebrewers want to join us for a day in any of these places? Or share some homebrew with thirsty travelers?)

Back