What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had it

RIS is a style: Russian Imperial Stout. It's as dark as dark can get when it comes to brews. But if you want to go out on an adventure, Old Rasputin is a good one among others.

Others:
Stone RIS
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
Victory Storm King
Bells Expedition
...the list goes on.

Mmm...my Surly Bender Clone
ForumRunner_20130530_221449.jpg

tyzippers said:
RIS is a style: Russian Imperial Stout. It's as dark as dark can get when it comes to brews. But if you want to go out on an adventure, Old Rasputin is a good one among others.

Others:
Stone RIS
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
Victory Storm King
Bells Expedition
...the list goes on.

I will have to look for these.

tyzippers said:
You should, but like Billy-Klubb said, if you're not too into really dark brews, do one bottle first to see if you dig it. I hope you do! There's some solid Stouts in that list!

I'll give one of them a try. Who know I'll enjoy it.

Oh and I was thinking of getting one of those 5L kegs. Can I reuse them and fill with home brew? I just need it now I ran out of bottles.

Oh and I was thinking of getting one of those 5L kegs. Can I reuse them and fill with home brew? I just need it now I ran out of bottles.

Are you talking about a 1/6th barrel? I don't know what a 5L keg is. Since I live in the USA, I use gallons. ;) Anyway, if you do get a commercial keg, know that it uses a different coupler than what we homebrewers typically use with the Corny kegs. Wait. Are you talking about those mini kegs like Heineken sells?

Edit: Just found this thread. Might be of assistance.

Oh dear, been awhile since I have replied.

Tonight is as follows:
My HB Honey Blonde
Lagunitas Lucky 13 (22 oz)
Firestone Union Jack (22 oz)
Vodka/ Soda

Currently drinking a Jameson/ Soda with a squeeze of lemon. Delicious and feeling great right now. Cheers fellas

New Belgium La Folie sour brown. The sourness eclipses the flavor of the beer, although this is by no means the sourest thing I've had in my mouth (leave that one to your filthy imaginations). I like sour stuff - every time I have a bag of Sour Patch kids, I'll save all of the reds for the end, and then eat the sugar-stuff, leaving a fully empty bag - but if I'm spending what I did on a bottle of beer (okay, it was $3.50, which isn't so outrageous), I want a multitude of flavors. If it had been cut with a non-soured batch, it might have been a much better beer; but it wasn't, so I can't give my whole-hearted recommendation.

Tomorrow, I shall have a Lagunitas Lucky 13. It looks promising. Maybe I'll find another ceramic bottle of Rogue, somewhere in Madison. I've been buying them as I find them, and the city has run out.

You got a bottle of La Folie for $3.50? Wow, that's a great deal.

tyzippers said:
Are you talking about a 1/6th barrel? I don't know what a 5L keg is. Since I live in the USA, I use gallons. ;) Anyway, if you do get a commercial keg, know that it uses a different coupler than what we homebrewers typically use with the Corny kegs. Wait. Are you talking about those mini kegs like Heineken sells?

Edit: Just found this thread. Might be of assistance.

Yes the mini kegs. Thanks for finding the thread for me. I'll read up on it.

Killed this earlier. My wife picked it up for me at Trader Joes. Not only is it highly rated, but it's fantastic. Once it warmed up it had a lot of apple and spicy cinnamon aroma. Smelled like apple pie. The flavor revealed the dry, grassy/earthy Brett flavor with some apple and spicy phenolics. Super impressed- what a great beer.

image-3819131672.jpg

image-1243391820.jpg

An organic IPA from Napa Smith Brewery that my awesome wife brought me back from napa. Also brought me a Uinta 20th Anniversary sour brown ale!

Drinking a amber ale I kegged but tasted awesome before I kegged Wtf. Then again I waited to put in fridge for five days after I kegged. Taste like a hint of cider?

Spent three nights in Santa Fe, NM. Went to the Marble Tap Room on the square to sample some brews from Marble Brewing in Albuquerque. Sampled some very nice brews. A fine double IPA called Iron Horse with some distinctive piney and aromatic hops a a solid malt body; their flagship IPA, a classic west coast style brew with a good blast of citrus and bitter; and an oatmeal stout that was nice for the style but not the "in your face" roasty style I love. Finally, the Wildflower Wheat made with wildflower honey, a very nice refreshing american wheat beer. Overall impressed with this brewery which I hadn't heard of before walking into the main square looking for a good brewery experience.

Drinking the newest IPA off the keezer tap #1!!

Pale Ale NW -US-11 lb
Carmel Munich 2.5lb
Carapils .5 lb
Centennial/Cascade hops

Dry hopped 1oz in keg on 17 of may
Pulled hops out of keg on 24th
12 lbs of co2 hooked up on 24th

image-3395862368.jpg

Yes the mini kegs. Thanks for finding the thread for me. I'll read up on it.

I use them for homebrew, don't use any force carb on them though (prime the keg).

One thing you have to watch out for is rust on the insides while storing, it's hard to completely dry them out with the small opening. What I do is rinse thoroughly, scrub with bottle brush then stand them on a radiator for a few hours to try and evaporate them out properly. Then store with a little bag of dessicant in the keg on a string (if you don't put it on a string you can't get it back out again!).

They are pretty cheap (or they are here) so even if you only get 2 or 3 uses out of them it's still worthwhile.

I'll head to the bottle shop this weekend and see if they have any. I'm not sure about that particular beer's release schedule, but I'll look. On a coincidentally related note, I just noticed that ST posted on FB that the OA Unearthly has been rated 99 on RateBeer. Nice!:mug:

The OA Unearthly is released in March in limited quantities so it will probably be hard to come by now. The regular Unearthly is a year round brew so should be no problems with that.

We just got Founders Devil Dancer on tap at the restaurant I cook for, so I'll be having one of those soon. Great, big beer from the little taste I got yesterday.

I live in farmington nm and I love the marble beers. There IPA is one of my favorites. And there amber is one if the better ambers I've had. Great all around brewery. Also le Cumbre out of Albuquerque has one of the best IPAs ever in my opinion

I live in farmington nm and I love the marble beers. There IPA is one of my favorites. And there amber is one if the better ambers I've had. Great all around brewery. Also le Cumbre out of Albuquerque has one of the best IPAs ever in my opinion

we were looking at moving to Farmington a few years back.

coffee.

Billy-Klubb said:
we were looking at moving to Farmington a few years back.

coffee.

It's a good town. Just one brewery but there pretty good. And there's Durango CO just up the road the has 7 good brewery's

Back