• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What would be a good price for this stuff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeneyed

Reaction score
Honestly, make an offer that makes it interesting to you, and come get them. I have to get this stuff out of here, and I’d rather see another brewer get use of it than it sit in the garage.

1 - large silver brewing pot

1 - 5 gal plastic fermenting bucket with spout

2 – 5 gal glass bottles

Over under refrigerator

Brewers Edge Controller II temp control unit.

Brewers Edge heater pad

Small diameter and large diameter brass wort chiller

Triple scale hydrometer

Brewing thermometer

Avvinafore bottle washer (cool as hell, loved that thing)

Tons of tubing of all sizes, cleaning gear, etc.

Also, I thought I had two or three cases of bottles around, but they’re hiding. If I find them, it’s a bonus!

Dont want to do the guy wrong, but live about 80 miles west of him.

Can use most of the things he has.

Thanks

Wow... scanning over this I notice several bit-ticket items.

Fridge
(two?) wort chillers
temp controller

Not to mention a couple of carboys and a kettle of some sort. (If the kettle is REALLY made of SILVER, then that's worth a bunch, too. :D)

If that stuff is all in good condition, that's worth a couple hundred bucks alone.

Offer him $200. If he wants more, he'll negotiate. If he just wants to get rid of it, you score BIG TIME.

That doesn't really tell enough to know.
First off how big is the pot, second silver?!
Does the refrigerator work? How big?
What length are the worth chillers.
The glass carboys are worth maybe $30 total
Don't know much about the Brewer's Edge euippment, maybe somebody else can give you a price.
Everything else is just throw in stuff, not any real value

That doesn't really tell enough to know.
First off how big is the pot, second silver?!
Does the refrigerator work? How big?
What length are the worth chillers.
The glass carboys are worth maybe $30 total
Don't know much about the Brewer's Edge euippment, maybe somebody else can give you a price.
Everything else is just throw in stuff, not any real value

Since no carboys are coming out of mexico I would say they are worth more. My local hbs is charging 35$ a piece right now. (5 gallon glass)

The brewers edge temp controller II is basically the Johnson controls or ranco one "rebranded". It alone sells for $110-ish new on some HB sites...

I think Walker is on the right track though. If youcan get it all for $200 major score, if he considers that a lowball and offend him, oh well...

If you don't want to do temperature controlled brewing (lagering in the fridge mostly [but you could heat your brew to ale temps in the fridge in the basement in cool months also]), those are the big ticket items and it might not be worth your time to buy the entire lot.

You might want to single things out you want, in that case, like a chiller, and just buy a few things.

I really don't need the fridge...BIL gave me a 2 door Dr Pepper cooler like in convenience stores. (one of the short ones)
I am in the process of building a keezer, so need the controllers.
Actually have all the parts to build the wort chiller at home. Was going to tonight, as tomorrow is brew day.
I assume the pot is S/S. Right now using a keggle, so may put it to use.

I would check if the pot is S/S, if it is snatch up that and the temp controller you need. If you want an extra chiller or don't want hassle of building one, get one of those also.

Don't take it all, if you don't need it right? Seems like you are set with keezer and dr. pepper fridge, etc.

Okay, finally made him give me a price... kinda feel bad...but... he said I could have everything he has excluding the fridge for.......$75!

Back