First Stovetop AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spludge

Reaction score
Hello,

I have done 15 batches of partial mash and feel I have the technique down pretty well now, producing some decent beers. I feel it is time to step up the game a little now...

Me and my buddy are going to attempt DeathBrewer's stovetop method outlined here... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-stovetop-all-grain-brewing-pics-90132/

I was just wondering if anyone had any additional tips or ideas to add to this? I haven't seen any other writeups of a similar technique...

Thanks to DeathBrewer for the detailed outline

Cheers :mug:
Ryan

My first All Grain was done using this method and the beer turned out good. The only downside I had was trying to get 6 gallons of wort up to a boil. It took about an hour and I could never reach a rolling boil. I actually had to use a small propane torch on the side of the kettle to get a good boil going. Since then I have graduated to the propane burner and mashing in a converted cooler and will not be going back to the boil in a bag method.

Back