Looking for a suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VApatriot

Reaction score
I'm looking for a suggestion on how to beef up a Light Ale extract kit that I got w/ my beginner kit from Morebeer. I'm thinking that I would like to make this kit soon but I'm not super fond of light type beers and would like to figure out what and how much to add to increase the OG. I'm thinking of adding some DME but not sure how much I could/should add, thoughts/suggestions? Thanks.

If you just add DME you'll have the same light beer with higher ABV. If you want to change it up, try steeping some specialty grains for color/flavor/aroma.

By the way, your signature (Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy) is an urban legend/ misquote.

By the way, your signature (Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy) is an urban legend/ misquote.

+1 on this. Actual quote:
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

Back