mr beer cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yummybeer

Reaction score
i've been brewing 5 gallon batches of beer for several years now. considering i haven't used my mr beer fermenter in a long time, i've decided to bring it out of retirement and use it for ciders from mr beer. it would be the perfect size for batches that i would want as i don't go through as much cider as i do beer at my house. does anybody else use/tried the mr beer cider kits? :mug:

Just make a cider recipe from here rather than buying a kit. A lot of folks make small batches of Ed wort's Apfelwein in their old mr beer kegs.

+1 to that. Apple juice and ale yeast, and maybe a little sugar, are all you need. Wouldn't bother with a kit, as the ingredients are too cheap and readily available.

+1 to this as well. Mr. Beer is perfect for this kind of job.

Also, if you have 1 gallon growlers, I would recommend using them for racking. Leave the cider in Mr. Beer for a month - pop the whole thing in the fridge for a day or two and then rack it into the growlers for another month before bottleing.

Just a suggestion. Let us know how it turns out.

Just my opinion but if your going through more beer than cider you just might not have had a good cider yet. I haven't brewed a batch of beer in 3 years after I tasted my first batch of cider.

Back