Tap-A-Draft system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjbomb

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has ever used the Tap-A-Draft system before ? I don't really have the room for a full on draft system and was wondering if this was a good alternative.

I have used one before. It worked pretty good for a while, then I moved up to kegs. Mine did not work well for carbonating with just co2 canisters, I think I had a small leak. Its a bit pricey I think for what you get, and I had some of the lids leak on me, so you got to get them on tight when priming, but then they are a mother to get off. I probably never read the directions, which Is why I may have had a few issues with mine.
But it set nicely in the icebox and was convieniant. If you can try to add priming sugar and stand them strait up instead of laying them horizontal. Bigest thing make sure you dont have any leaks on the lid. While its priming up, squezze the bottle make sure its getting tight and holding pressure....
Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. I'd love to go for an actual keg, but I'm not sure I've got the room and these seemed like they might be just the thing for me.

Another thing you might want to consider is these carbonator caps.....You can go ahead and buy a small CO2 Tank(5pound bottle) and hose and regulator. You can then fill your blue containers on your tap a draft put the carbonator cap on chill them and put about 20 or 30lbs of CO2 on the container. They will be ready the next Day! Force carbonate it!
http://www.weekendbrewer.com/carbonatorcap.htm
Good Luck!

Dark_Ale said:
I have used one before. It worked pretty good for a while, then I moved up to kegs. Mine did not work well for carbonating with just co2 canisters, I think I had a small leak. Its a bit pricey I think for what you get, and I had some of the lids leak on me, so you got to get them on tight when priming, but then they are a mother to get off. I probably never read the directions, which Is why I may have had a few issues with mine.
But it set nicely in the icebox and was convieniant. If you can try to add priming sugar and stand them strait up instead of laying them horizontal. Bigest thing make sure you dont have any leaks on the lid. While its priming up, squezze the bottle make sure its getting tight and holding pressure....
Good luck!

I love my tap-a-draft. Sits perfectly in the fridge, I don't have to bottle any more, nothing to adjust, just tap the thing and go. It's also portable! Take it camping, a friends house, BBQs, etc.

Here is a link I started on the tap-a-draft for more info:
http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=60237

Back