Alcohol produced while bottle conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatsOnTap

Reaction score
I've read in W. Moore's book that priming the beer adds a little less than a quarter of the alcohol in a brew while it bottle conditions. Is this true? That would mean that a 6% beer would end up being a little under 7.5 after it's all said and done. Seems a little high, doesn't it??:confused:

WhatsOnTap said:
I've read in W. Moore's book that priming the beer adds a little less than a quarter of the alcohol in a brew while it bottle conditions. Is this true? That would mean that a 6% beer would end up being a little under 7.5 after it's all said and done. Seems a little high, doesn't it??:confused:

I think the text you read was saying that priming sugar adds a quarter PERCENT of alcohol. So, your 6% ABV beer in the secondary will be 6.25% after conditioning.

-walker

I see it now! That little % was hiding out on me (I never was much for details!). Thanks for clearing it up 4 me.

Back