Dogfish head IBA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Picked up a six pack of this last night, and I popped open my first one just now. I'm diggen this beer. :mug:

I also bought another Arrogant Bastard, since I would NOT let it kick my ass. Needless to say I finished it all and wanted more this round. :rockin:

Do you mean one of their IPA's? if so which one, the 60, 90, or 120 min?

IBA: Indian Brown Ale. Cross between an IPA and a Brown Ale. I can't stand that roasted barley they put in there, to be honest. Would be much better if they just used chocolate malt.

PseudoChef said:
IBA: Indian Brown Ale. Cross between an IPA and a Brown Ale. I can't stand that roasted barley they put in there, to be honest. Would be much better if they just used chocolate malt.

I need to learn to read before I open my mouth..:drunk: :tank:

Never had DFH's India Brown, but I recently discovered the style drinking one from a brewery called Terrapin. I thought it was great. I like the concept of a cross between an IPA and a brown ale.

joshpooh said:
Never had DFH's India Brown, but I recently discovered the style drinking one from a brewery called Terrapin. I thought it was great. I like the concept of a cross between an IPA and a brown ale.

I agree. The Terrapin one was much better, more choclately than roasty. Mike McDole (SA longshot winner) has a great hoppy brown ale recipe that I brewed up. It's better than both the DFH and Terrapin, in my opinion (greatly influenced by the fact I made it :D )

Beerrific said:
Had it, did not care for it. Found it very hard to drink.

I agree. If I recall correctly, it tasted too sweet for me.

Now there 60 minute IPA, well now that's a different story...

Back