1st really awesome brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
a now ex gf got me my first homebrewing kit chirstmas 06, it was a mr. beer and i used that all of twice before i upgraded to a 5 gallon set up i currently have thats real common for extract brewing. i love IPA's and Pale Ale...but i haven't brewed one yet that i REALLY liked. until now, i did my first dry hopping on this IPA, a recipe i found online, changed it up some as the LHBS didnt have one of the kinds of hops it called for and a few other things. OMG i'm in love with it, and its only been in bottles a week tomorrow. i tried what was left over after bottling, just a small, warm and flat taste, and i could tell it was going to be good. i did my best to hold off this long and while it still needs some time to carbonate up and aging will only make it better, i'm in love with it. so pumped!!!! just wanted to share..ok sorry haha

I didn't know that I liked hops until I started brewing. I am brewing IPA's every other batch now!

jzal8 said:
Congrats, careto share the recipe?

its filed away in my recipe folder...but i will get it out and i'll email it to you. i'm brewing this sunday so i'll have them out.

Benny Blanco said:
I was thinking about dry hopping with my pumpkin ale and I've never done it before.

What type of hops did you use?

i used Cascade leaf. i had left it in secondary for 2 weeks...i put them in a week before i bottled.

i just ordered stuff online to make this again, but this time i'm using totally different hops. mostly just to see what else is out there, i use Cascade in everything, so i'm trying to expand my horizon.

Back