I brewed 7 bbls yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, that's awesome. I won a similar competition at a local brewhouse where they're going to be doing up a Wit I entered. It'll be almost 400 gallons. I can't wait!

I have seen lots of competitions where the winner gets the beer put on tap somewhere but I don't want that. I want to be in this pro-am. Is it a home brew competition that a brewery has?

I'm going to have to refer all wardrobe questions to either my valet or haberdasher depending on the nature of the question.

I'm going to post some video tomorrow or the next day.

Not uncommon to have a pair of shorts in your car in AZ. I have a pair in my truck for if pants are just too damn hot.

Just bought my plane ticket to get to GABF today, so I'll definitely be there. My pro-am entry this year was only 7bbl as well, of course it started at 1.110. :)

Looking forward to sampling both beers at GABF this year. Good luck in judging, guys.

Thanks, everybody.
As I said in another thread, I know that I am 1 of at least 5 others on this board that have had this honor in the past or are in this years field.

mrbowenz has won the gold at GABF

I hope that we all have the opportunity to meet up at the GABF. What a photo that would be!

As per the scotch to wort ratio, my guess is 2 oz per pint. Trial and error are your friend.

As to the back story on how, read this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/my-beer-will-gabf-111003/

Don't be afraid to ask your local breweries how you can make this happen if they are not already participating.

Don't be afraid to ask your local breweries how you can make this happen if they are not already participating.

I'm not sure that breweries will be able to enter now. Last friday was the deadline to register a breweries normal entries, not sure if that also covers the pro-am entry

Wow olllllo, that is very cool. Congratulations. I'd be smiling the whole time too if I had a chance to brew 7bbl. I thought the possibility of brewing 1 bbl would be quite an adventure, especially using non-commercial equipment.

Great stuff olllllo!

You should get the other guys together and start a club - you can all get jackets like that golf masters thing - :)

Hoping to head up to GABF to see the end result!

Congrats on the GABF beer brewed!

Its alot of fun to brew your own recipes scaled up from 5 gallons to 7 barrels isn't it!

I would assume the pants change came from the fact that along with his smile was a little something extra in the drawers that needed to be cleaned out he was having so much fun.

Congratulations!
You have done what many can only dream of doing.

I enjoyed reading this while waiting for my next hop addition :rockin:

I just got word from Jim Strelau that it's going to be on tap at the Grill in Sedona (Tlaquepaque) tomorrow.

It's only a matter of time before it hits Papago here in Phoenix.

I feel honored having sipped McNeill's with the master of Phoenix !

We should get Patti K to do a story !

I will definitely post when it is available in the Valley.
kappclark, If you can pull that string with Patti Kirkpatrick, let me know.

In a spectacularly impulsive and unabashedly wasteful manner, I will be leaving work and driving 2 hours to Sedona tonite so that I can sample my finished beer.

I will stay for my legal 1 hour's limit and drive back.

240 miles, 4 hours for a beer.

If anyone in the valley is interested, I have room for 4 or 5 others in SWMBOs SUV.
DM me.

If one of my beers were being served, I'd do the same thing - junk tucking optional. :D

Sweet!!! I'm in!!! Who's pickin' me up??

Congrats olllllo! That's tremendous stuff.

Are you going to at least be able to get a few bottled for the home-inventory??

I should have a keg coming my way. But I can't wait.

Thanks for making the trip Mike. As far as show tunes go, are you OK with My Fair Lady or West Side Story?

:drunk:

Crystal clear due to filtering. More pear than mine but not by much. It smells like a summer day.

0730091925-feed.jpg

It paired well with the Rosemary pork loin with sun-dried cranberry and port wine demi. Served with Wehani and Basmati rice pilaf.

0730091947-feed.jpg

Latest posts

Back