Where to buy a large barrel / other large container for fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawasakiguy37

Reaction score
I currently have one 6.5 gallon glass carboy, but Im looking to go much bigger. I know there are used 50 gallon rum barrels out there, and Im really going for something cheap. Whats the best value per gallon container out there for fermentation?

i've seen a lot of people buying stuff from usplastics - if you are ok with food grade plastic they seem to be good for barrels, etc.

+1 on usplastics i just picked up 2 15 gallon fermenters ~$70 shipped

bought 2 11.5 drilled stoppers from LHBS for $2.5 each

Im in california, so those are a bit far. Im looking for more about 50 gallons than 250 though. Those stainless tanks look real nice but they are waaaaaaay to expensive for me.

Brute garbage cans. Any garbage can that's new and is either #1 or #2 plastic.

Feed stores sometimes have sales on farm water tanks. Somewhere around 200 gallons.

B

There was a guy who posted here a couple weeks ago offering plastic drums. He was in Ontario, CA. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Where are you in California?

Morebeer had a ton of them for sale last week when I was at the Concord showroom.

Back