Bulldog Brewer All In One Grain Brewing System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlpacaBrew

Reaction score
Has anybody used one of these yet. I have been looking at the Grainfather and Brewie and saw this. The price tag looks good.

I don't know about that one, but I know a couple guys that brew on grainfathers and all I hear is good things.

Nope, haven't tried this one but I have seen others use something similar. It's built on the base of a Chinese-made coffee system. basically the same thing with some pieces added for circulation and cooling.
It worked but depending on how much you brew will determine viability. If you plan to brew often I would look at others with a little higher quality. Just going to brew a few times a year then it would work for that.

Seems like another me too system, that will likely be fine.

For small footprint, i'd prefer one of the high gravity electric biab systems - they likely have something that best suit your needs. I basically built a similar system on my own, and I like it in that you have components that can easily be replaced if something fails and a system that can easily be repurposed for different brewing methods.

One other thing is that both the bulldog and grainfather appear to be 120V systems. if you have the ability to use 240v, go that route. having experimented with 120, and then building a 240 system, 240 is 10x better.

Nope, haven't tried this one but I have seen others use something similar. It's built on the base of a Chinese-made coffee system. basically the same thing with some pieces added for circulation and cooling.
It worked but depending on how much you brew will determine viability. If you plan to brew often I would look at others with a little higher quality. Just going to brew a few times a year then it would work for that.

Hi Guys,
Yes it is built on the base of a tea-water-heater, but it has been heavily modified. Quality is actually pretty good, don't assume low cost = bad quality.
If you compare say Grainfather - with fixed pipe system to the Bulldog machine with a silicone tube system instead, it may appear to be lower quality, but there is a thought behind this.

We will very soon bring out the Bulldog Sparger, which is a 16L sparge water heater and that will have an identical SS ball valve, so the idea is to move the pump over to the Sparger (snap-on) but leave the other end hanging over the edge of the maltpipe of the Brewer.

So - you won't need to lift up the sparge water heater to a high level. You can pump over the sparge water, nice and steady and just park the Bulldog Sparger on the table next to the Brewer.

The V2 contains a few improvements and will arrive towards late September. The Bulldog Brewer is an evolving project and there will be continuous improvements all the time. We will try to make most things backwards compatible, so offer upgrades etc when possible.

It's EU and UK models only (240V) for now, but we are working on US electrical approval and there will be a 120V model, probably early 2017.
There will be more things launched soon but we can't reveal all in advance.
We are working on US distribution at the moment, we'll see who will do that for us, jury still out there. It is likely that we will launch in the US sometime early 2017.

Ok monkey business,

So the V3 model is the 5 star rock star! We first need to wait for the V2 end of Sept and the V3 who knows when. So I need to stick with my extract brewing or buy something else that already exists and at least has been tested. I know you cannot give up Top Secret info but....

Back