Score! $20 1/2 bbl Keg! Now what??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shildebr

Reaction score
Scored a $20 1/2 bbl Keg today on Craigslist, ladies and gentlemen, the brewery is moving outdoors! I've really got my work cut out for me now......

cut that top off

brew_004.jpg

cut that top off

I work for a heavy/civil construction company and don't have any power tools, good time to stock my tool chest! Whats the best tool to cut the top off? I've read the tutorials but I've read a couple different things. I'm thinking angle grinder with a metal cutting disk.

Don't listen to these phonies.

PM me and I'll let you in to the secret of how to really get a professional looking keggle going:

View attachment 6629

BM-

I laugh everytime i see that. I have seen a photo of you and you dont appear to have a mild case of retardation, but it sure looks like might based on your cutting ability.:drunk:

I work for a heavy/civil construction company and don't have any power tools, good time to stock my tool chest! Whats the best tool to cut the top off? I've read the tutorials but I've read a couple different things. I'm thinking angle grinder with a metal cutting disk.
plasma cutter!
If yo u work for a construction company what are the chances you can give a guy a six pack to zap that off in about 20secs?

4" angle grinder is key! I did another top tonight at my buddies house. I've done it 3 different ways already...Bobby_M I think has it figured out jig wise if you aren't Yuri with a plasma cutter...I did it his way, and it was...how do you say this in English...MONEY!

I guess I've got a pretty busy weekend:

1. Go topless.
2. Install my ball valve.
3. Polish my kettle

Then, if I get around to it, start working on the keg I just bought!

Latest posts

Back