Where are the good CL deals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we are generous, the NEW prices might be something like:
$150 - deluxe starter kit
$150 - 15 cases of bottles
$30 - capper
$30 - bottle tree
$20 - bottle washer
$50 - Tap-A-Draft
$50 - Party Pig
TOTAL $480

I guess, if you were retarded, and you bought each and every piece individually, and paid individual shipping & handling charges on every single item, you could spend $1000?

Still being very generous, let's say only a 30% markdown of that $480 for used condition... that makes it $336. Realistically, we have to take out the bottles, since there are always people on Craigslist giving bottles away for free. So now you are looking at a little over $200. Plus I'm sure some of the stuff has depreciated a lot more than 30%.

I think someone's SWMBO said, "You should sell that stuff." Husband doesn't want to part with it so he makes up this ad and says, "Honey, I tried but no one was interested. Guess we gotta keep it."

I see kegerators at ripoff prices a couple times a week--rusty 20-year-old fridges that don't stay cold and have filthy lines and faucets, "worth over $1000 new... yours for $500!" SWMBO doesn't like it cluttering up the basement, hubby doesn't want to let it go.

$400 is too much for that stuff. It should be 3/4 of that like the above poster says. No way I'd spend that much without a nice kettle and/or chiller to go along with it.

Back